I created this website to help motivate and inspire others along their fitness journey, whether it be weight loss, a fitness competition, a 5k, etc. I have a passion for health and fitness and for helping others!
We are all in this together! I hope this page will be that little extra bit of motivation you need to begin or continue your journey! Don't look at how far you have to go. Take it day by day and realize how far you've already come.
There are no fads, no gimmicks, and no easy way out. Losing weight is based on energy intake and energy output. Journaling you eating habits and recording your calories can help keep you accountable and keep you focused on your ultimate goals.
I've been an athlete my entire life. But in my life before fitness, I went away to college and BAM, the freshmen 15 (more like 20 for me) hit hard. I didn't keep up with my fitness routine that I had in high school, and I basically lived off of cheap, man-made foods. It didn't hit me until I graduated and moved back home. That's when I really got involved with fitness.
I joined our local YMCA and started attending group fitness classes with my mom. One of the instructions mentioned something to me about teaching. I had never given it any thought until then. I looked into it, put in the time to study, and got my AFAA Group Fitness Certification in 2009. I taught a wide variety of different classes including: step aerobics, spinning, kickboxing, strength, and abs.
From there, I was hooked.
I taught for about a year and realized I wanted more.
I wanted to be able to touch people's lives one on one so I decided to get my personal training certification in 2010. From there, I trained at two different gyms until I saved enough to open my own private training studio.
Among the following years, I got certified as a Nutritionist and decided to compete on stage. I signed up with a team and competed in four NPC bikini competitions - one of which was a national level event.
(St. Louis, MO - March 2012)
I did well for the little time I was out there, but in the fall of 2012, I traded in my heels for mom slippers and the chance to raise a family while we're still young.
My husband and I have a four legged child that we are mildly obsessed with. Meet Nitro.
Don't let him fool you. He's never that innocent. We're normally graced with this attitude.
And we are beyond thrilled to have been blessed with our first baby in September 2013!
I hope my story will give men and women hope, motivation, and the desire to change their lives! You just need to find a support system and dig deep for the motivation and dedication it will take. Your health and future is all up to you. Take the first step today! I am here to help you along your journey! ♥
Check out my other social media accounts for tons of different recipes (both healthy and indulgent), work out tips, and tid bits of my life.
I am interested in and available for future speaking opportunities as well as modeling positions. For advice, suggestions, opportunities, or just to say hello, please contact me through email or one of my many social media sites.
- AFAA Group Fitness Certification - 2009
- ISSA Personal Trainer Certification - 2010
- 5th Place in first NPC bikini competition in Chicago, IL - May 2011 (qualified for National level event)
- Opened a personal Private Training Studio - January 2012
- ISSA Fitness Nutrition Certification - 2012
- 5th Place at NPC bikini competition in Davenport, IA - April 2012 (qualified for National level event)
- One of my recipes appeared in the September 2012 issue of Oxygen Magazine.
- I've been interviewed and featured on RXMuscleGirl.com.
- I spoke in front of kids (aged 4-14) at Cigna about the effects of health and fitness, both in school and with their families - September 2012
- I was the Exercise Motivator for the 2012 Making Strides walk in Orland Park, IL - October 2012
- I became and am currently a FitFluential Ambassador - November 2012
- I was a Larabar Ambassador - January 2013 to December 2013
- Interviewed and featured in an article on MensFitness.com - March 2013
- Blogger with US News and World Report - August 2013 to current
I can do all this through him who gives me strength ~ Philippians 4:13