A healthy, balanced recipe that takes longer to eat than it does to cook!
This used to be a go-to breakfast of mine. It's SO filling and leaves you satisfied for hours. I literally ate it every single day for close to a year. Needless to say, I got a wee bit tired of it. I recently brought it back in the rotation a couple weeks ago and I'm so glad I did.
Some of you have already seen this recipe before but since it got wiped clean from my database when I switched website companies, I thought I'd share it again.
Hope you like it as much as I do!
ps: the best part - the toppings are endless.
Egg White Protein Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1 stevia packet (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (optional)
1. Add oats and water to small saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly.
2. Once the oats come to a boil, quickly add in the cinnamon, stevia and egg whites.
3. Continue to stir constantly** until desired consistency.
4. Serve immediately. Top with peanut butter (or whatever toppings you want).
**Stirring constantly is key otherwise you end up with oatmeal and scrambled eggs. The eggs should act as a thickener that makes your oatmeal creamy and fluffy.